12/07/2015

Why I liked the " Papertowns" movie more than the actual book

First of all: Sorry John! ( I still love your books tho)
I really enjoyed the book and I was thrilled to see the movie and even more thrilled when I left the cinema. The movie was made beautifully and never boring. The book on the other side was sometimes a bit boring. So here are some reasons, why I liked the movie better!

1. The cast is awesome! Cara is my queen and Natt is just how I imagined Quentin to be. To be honest everyone looked how I imagined them to be...yay!
2. The movie had two jokes that I laughed way to hard at, that weren't in the book ( I think). One was at Jases party, when Ben was drunk,  holding a sword made of plastic cups and he screamed "Valar Morgulis" (*Game of Thrones fans feel me*) . The second one was when Quentin, Ben and Radar were scared to go through the hole in Margos hiding place, so they began singing a song so they wouldn't be  terrified. The song was the one from "Pokémon" *lmao*!
3. The car ride to find Cara was epic. I feel like every detail from the book was in there, but made more exciting and funny. And of course the best part was the surprise guest at the gas station (I screamed when I saw Ansel standing there #bestmoment)!
4. The soundtrack is maybe my favourite of all times. The music was always inserted at the right moment and the songs gave me the thrills. Epic roadtrip songs for sure!
I think the soundtrack here was even better than the one for the " Divergent" movie and y'all know those songs were pretty epic.


5. And last but not least, I liked that they stood true to the original story. As you may or may not know it was a huge problem for the fans in "City of Bones" that the story was changed, but I didn't hear anything bad about "Papertowns" so I guess I'm not the only one here!

But of course not everything was awesome. Personally I thought that the pranks were much funnier in the book and that it had more details, but that's about it.

Please write in the comments if you agree or disagree. I would love to hear about it.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment