3/27/2016

"Crossing the Barrier" by Martine Lewis

"Lily knew from this moment on, she would always have a home."

Hey guys!
I just finished this book, like literally 10 seconds ago and my emotions are a mess. but let's start at the beginning. So this is my first free book I've ever received by asking the author and I'm thrilled and so thankful. 
Thank you so much Martine, for giving me this opportunity!

High school student Malakai Thomas, star wide receiver of the varsity team, collides with band member Lily Morgan on his way to football practice. As days go by, Malakai cannot get the petite clarinetist out of his head.

Lily Morgan can feel everyone's emotions. She loses her ability to shield herself against them the day Malakai runs into her. Now she must try to maintain her sanity in the emotional jungle that is high school, as well as deal with her growing feelings for Malakai.

Can Malakai get over the social stigma and his own internal struggle to be with Lily? Is Lily's secret too big to accept, even for him?
  (source: goodreads)

Well, first of all the characters are beautiful. The moment I f.e. met David, I liked him. The fact that this book is about an empath (someone who can read each others feelings) really helped understand Malakai's and Lily's intentions and reasons for their reactions in certain situations. This book is written in two POV's, Lily's and Malakai's . It helps you identify with them and you can't really be mad at anyone bc of their thoughts and family backgrounds. 
First I didn't really get what this book is really about. Romance? Fantasy? Friendship?
I can tell you, it's all of it. It's the perfect mix of ordinary teenage life (let's forget their horrific backgrounds) and the paranormal ability of Lily.
The only thing I thought was a bit weird was how fast the relationship of Malakai and Lily grows. Not that I didn't enjoy any of it, but looking back at it now it was a bit fast forward.

Anyhow I really enjoyed this book and can't wait for the second one. I need it like right now because that cliffhanger was just not okay.
So, I really enjoyed "Crossing the Barrier" and I can only tell you to get a copy and dig into this fantastic story!

You can buy it here: http://www.amazon.com/Crossing-Barrier-Gray-Eyes-1/dp/1944940006/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=


Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment